Blog industry doesn’t stand still. Industry is constantly moving, changing, learning, and growing. That means you’ve likely changed a lot, along with your blog, since its launch. Now is a good time to reflect on those changes and think about getting your readers up to speed.
You have to take some time to read your entire “About” page (you do have an about page, don’t you?) and see whether the information you presented is still relevant of the current industry notes and scenarios described on your blog.
Some of the information that the “About” page of your blog should contain is:
• Your name: Seems obvious. Some times you may forget obviously .But you’d be surprised how many people miss the boat on this one. Tell your blog readers who you are, even if it’s an anonymous blog, that will be an ideal scenario, use your pseudonym or be clever, and a picture also helps readers connect on a personal level.
• Who you are: If this is a personal blog, then this information is fairly essential, however, if it’s a professional blog, then you may want only to reveal a small bit about what you like and dislike as the blog writer. Of course, it should be relevant to the topic of the blog and you can have that.
• What is the blog about: Explain to your readers what the primary purpose of the blog will be. If it’s a personal blog, make sure it’s clearly mentioned and if it’s a professional blog, then tell readers what information they can expect to find.
• Publishing schedule: While not truly necessary, sometimes it helps to explain how often a reader can expect to see the blog updated, but including this information can be a double-edged sword should you decide to take a brief hiatus or should you update more often than what’s written.
• Subscription options: Again, this is not a necessity, but it’s certainly a good way to gain more subscribers. In fact, you should be reminding your readers at every opportunity that they can subscribe to your blog through various means (the most common being RSS).
So, while you’re busy updating your about page, remember to remove any information that it no longer current—promotions, offers, vacations, subscriptions, products and add fresh information that your readers may be curious to know. Also always keep blog readers also in your mind.
Filed Under Blog directory submission, Blog optimization, Blog seo packages, Feed submission, Internet marketing, Oneway links, Press release for blogs, Search engine marketing, Search engine optimization, SEO for blogs, Wordpress company, wordpress plugins, wordpress themes, wordpress widgets | Leave a Comment